WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 12 22:36:43 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Your specific bugs may not have been addressed but if you look at the
> reports, thousands of bugs are being worked upon every week. If you put
> in bugzilla, you have a way to reach the developers and help keep track
> of it.  Users list is not going to provide you that.

Well, my experience is exactly the opposite.
I've had great help from the Fedora mailing list -
and particularly from you, Rahul, thank you -
but my experience with redhat bugzilla has not been encouraging.

It is not just that my two bugs were not solved,
I saw no evidence that anyone had looked at them at all.
I'd really like to feel that there was a mechanism in place,
and hopefully someone looking over it,
so that if a bug had not been investigated for say two months
a reminder would be sent to the person in charge.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366