Installing on external USB hard drive

Chris Hood chris.hood at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:58:19 UTC 2005

Ok I have read all of the archive posts for this subject and it
doesn't look as if anyone knows how to do this, I have tried expert
mode, I have tried loading the usb mass storage driver. I have even
tried plugging in th device after initial install boot.

Needless to say I have been unsucessful in all attempts. I have tried
with FC4, and RHEL 3 to no avail.

I HAVE however read plenty of posts on other forums where people say
"I have redhat running on my external usb hdd" , however none of them
give any clues how they got it installed.

Basically FC4 only sees the internal SATA drive and not the USB drive,
and RHEL 3 , doesn't see ANY drives.

SO has ANYONE got ANY linux installed and running on an external USB Hard Drive.

The drive I have is a toshiba laptop drive in a USB enclosure.
--
Chris Hood
chris.hood at gmail.com