USB Touchpad

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jul 13 03:19:36 UTC 2005

Michael wrote:

> I've got a problem about the touchpad.
> I've a very old touchpad but it doesn't have a linux driver, any ways
> to make the touchpad work in linux ?
> Hope someone can help me ...

It depends how "old" old is. There was a change in the distribution
where the synaptics driver is added to Fedora. This did not work when I
installed freshly using FC4T3. It get to be working after I ran
system-config-display --reconfig and restarted the GUI.

I believe the fix to the installer was fixed before FC4 was put to final
and the installer should have setup your touchpad correctly.

Since you did not mention which version that you have installed, it
would be difficult to guess. If running system-config-display --reconfig
gets your touchpad working, then you are set.

I am not familiar with USB touchpads. My touchpad is built into the laptop.

I hope this gives you start, looking for very old USB touchpad probably
wouldn't give you to many useful hits in a search engine.

Jim

--
Genius is ten percent inspiration and fifty percent capital gains.