WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Wed Jul 13 03:07:12 UTC 2005

Hmmmm...........
Have you ever heard of the two words "back up" ?

I back everything up before upgrading or doing a fresh install.
I had no issues with my home desktop machine
I did have an issue with my laptop. It upgraded ok.........
I had to rebuild a couple of things that would run with the new kernel,
everything was fine. Then all of a sudden....... X quit working, and it
would not even boot in a low level. The rescue CD didn't do me a bit of

Well.......(since I had things backed up)...... I just did a fresh
install.

Everything is happy now. Yes, it is more time consuming, but well worth
the effort as I learned...........

--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora at maxxrad.net