Co-locating FC4 and XP - advice sought

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Jul 13 07:20:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 23:21 -0500, Jonathan Berry wrote:
> > I'm expecting delivery of a new notebook any day now (woohoo!), and it
>
> Cool, what kind? (out of curiosity)

Fujitsu Lifebook N3510.

To summarise your and Antonio's responses, it looks like there is no
usable r/w support for NTFS in Linux, hence "working" with files on the
NTFS partition is out of the question. I might rather split the disk
like 40GB Win/60GB Linux, maybe squeeze in a small FAT32 partition, and
copy the movie files over to ext3 for processing under FC4.

Unless, of course, somebody tells me that the Windows ext2fsd driver
(http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net) is capable of reading and writing large
files from/to ext3 partitions. The project's changelog seems to suggest
it is. In that case, I could get away with a small NTFS partition (about
5GB) and give all the space to FC4...

Cheers
Steffen.