Error updating using yum: libquicktime.so.0 is not available

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jul 13 10:13:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 08:43:12PM -0500, Ron Siven wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 17:58 -0700, Richard E Miles wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:45:38 -0500
> > Ron Siven <r.siven at mchsi.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to update using yum, and I am getting the errors:
> > >
> > > Error: Unable to satisfy dependencies
> > > Error: Package kino needs libquicktime.so.0, this is not available.
> > > Error: Package libquicktime needs libquicktime.so.0, this is not
> > > available.
> > >
> > > Looks like it comes from atrpms-stable.  Here are all of the packages
> > > ready for update:
> > >

> > > libquicktime.i386       0.9.7-13.rhfc4.at      atrpms-stable

> # locate libquicktime.so.0
> /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0.0.0
> /usr/lib/libquicktime.so.0

Try yum install libquicktime libquicktime0

Before doing so please capture the complete above error output from
yum update (including yum's depenecy calculation). If the manual
resolution like above works, then please file a bug against yum with
this captured output.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net