WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 13 13:32:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 08:49, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>Hi
>
>>It is easier to get help from the FC community, if there is a
>> glimmer of hope that someone is listening and is interested in
>> finding a solution. Less triage would be necessary if more simple
>> answer were provided on the list, rather than telling people to
>> place a bug report first.
>
>Not really. Developers cannot read all of the mails in the users
> list and provide answers here. The amount of traffic is simply
> overwhelming.

It wouldn't be so overwhelming if there were fewer bugs.

> Bug triaging is more eloborate and well established
> process that covers more ground.

The word is 'elaborate', and bugzilla is excedrin headache #1 to me.
If you want bugzilla reports, then fix bugzilla so we CAN file a
report.  Getting stuck in search loop's infinite version of hell,
with no way to get to the editor and make a new report is not
productive use of time for either of us.  We give up and you don't
get the report, so both of our time spent on bugzilla is wasted.  Fix
bugzilla so *we* can file bug reports if you want bug reports.

And let us know when it has been fixed.

The automated crash reporting tools for this supplied with FC4, with
all their pulldown choices, have not so far been effective as the
pulldowns don't include the name of the app that actually failed in
their choices, (where is rhn-applet, or kde 'kicker') and even if
they did, how would one get the message out when there is no
networking?  The networking setup is now totally fubar, doing ipv6
stuffs only, which doesn't work in an ipv4 environment.  It might be
a nice idea in the ideal world, but it certainly isn't worth its disk
space in the real world, with real problems.

A bugzilla that works FOR REAL PEOPLE is whats needed.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)