up2date is fuzzy

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jul 13 13:34:30 UTC 2005

William Case wrote:
> Ever since installing FC4 my up2date does not find updates, even when I
> click on the 'Check for updates' dialogue.  It only finds something by
> using 'Launch up to date ...'.  It always worked in FC3.

The icon is rhn-applet, not up2date. "Launch up2date" starts up2date.

The applet is broken in FC4 - it does not support the repomd repository
format; up2date isn't (at least, not *as* broken).

I'll be pleasantly surprised if rhn-applet gets fixed before FC5 comes
out...

You can check for available updates on the command line using either
"up2date --nox --list" or "yum check-update".

Paul.