Compaq Presario M2105US & X 6.8

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Wed Jul 13 16:55:59 UTC 2005

Neil Cherry wrote:

> I'm having all sorts of fun trying to get my Presario and X working
> nicely. Currently I have it working as VESA in 800x600 mode but
> the screen supports 1024x768 but I can't get it to work.

Got this working by commenting the Horizontal and Vertical
frequencies in the xorg file. I then put the 1028x768 in front
of the 800x600 reference for the display.

> I've tried downloading the ATI proprietary drivers but I can't
> get them to compile (don't get me started on kernel compiles
> with FC4!). Currently I'm having all sorts of problems with
> everything (needed to depmod -a to fix module problems that I
> hadn't touched etc).

I've not had any further luck with this.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)