WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

M.Lewis _fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com
Wed Jul 13 21:11:47 UTC 2005

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:

> --- "M.Lewis" <_fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>I've been on these lists since ver 5.2 I believe it
>>was. There are
>>several others who have been here perhaps longer
>>than me. I have NEVER
>>done an UPGRADE. Always a clean install. I simply do
>>not have the issues
>>  that I see people complaining about here.
>>
>>I'm not trying to start a religious war here about
>>you should do this or
>>that. Or say that anyone is wrong or whatever. I'm
>>simply telling you
>>what I do and the results. YMMV
>>
>>Mike
>>
>>--
>

> You say everything works?
> How about 'Sound Events' in KDE or Gnome?
> Have you tried them?
>
> If they work and are not distorted, tell the rest
> of us how you got them to work; or maybe its the
> hardware you using that makes it work.

Bruce, I can't tell you anything about Gnome. I tried it several
versions ago and didn't like it. I use only KDE.

I can't address you question about sound events. No, I have NOT tried
them. I can say that sound for me works with playing CD's, new mail, and
gaim. I didn't tweak anything to get this to work.

As far as the hardware, this machine is maybe 2 years old. It has an old
Voodoo 3000 video card, the sound is built it to the mobo. I'd have to
look to see what it actually is.

Hope that helps a little.

Mike

--

  The less time planning, the more time programming.
   16:05:01 up  1:35,  9 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.05

  Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org