I've done something Stupid. Help ??

David Cary Hart fedora at tqmcube.com
Thu Jul 14 02:17:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 18:40 -0600, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
wrote:

> So, now when I try and run yum update I get this:
>
> root at Issac # yum update
> The yum libraries do not seem to be available on your system for this version
> of python  2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 12:11:53)
> [GCC 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)]
> Please make sure the package you used to install yum was built for your
> install of python.
>
> Any chance I can fix it, or is it time to move to FC4 ?

It should be fixable although it's a good excuse for the upgrade.

Have you installed packages from FC4 or rawhide?

Are you using the fc3 yum package?

Are you using yum repos other that core and updates-released?

There is a log of yum transactions that might help you sort it out.

--
   Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm