yum.conf

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Thu Jul 14 05:51:48 UTC 2005

Timothy Payne wrote:

>I upgraded from FC3 > FC4 but my yum.conf is still for FC3, is there one
>for FC4?  Or should I wait for fedorafaq.org to make one?
>
>Tim...

Look around in /etc/yum.repos.d?
for files with an extension of .rpmnew (i.e.
fedora-updates-released.rpmnew) and do a:

mv fedora-updates-released.rpmnew fedora-updates-released.repo or
whatever you have.

If you do not have these go to the FC4 download site and grab the
fedora-release package.  Download that and do a rpm -Uvh
fedora-release<TAB> .that should install all of the required .repo files.

Scott