Send email attachment using a shell script

FC fedora at ows.ch
Thu Jul 14 11:20:09 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Do, den 14.07.2005 schrieb Hany Nagaty um 12:09:
>

>>I'd like to send an email containing an attachmnet using a script.
>>I've tried the mail command (in the mailx package), but I don't know
>>how can I use it to send an attachment.
>>
>>So, is there a way I can use mail to send an attachment, or is there
>>other utility to do the job.
>>

>uuencode foo.gif /dev/stdout | mail -s "my subject line"
>recipient at target.tld
>
>uuencode part of the sharutils rpm.
>
>Alexander

make your choice :
http://www.shelldorado.com/articles/mailattachments.html
I ve been using metamail / metasend for years now,  simply the best
solution to send any kind of attachements with lots of diff options
for body, file structure, size ....

A good example of how it works using those 2 scripts :
http://www.shelldorado.com/scripts/cmds/sendfile
http://www.shelldorado.com/scripts/cmds/getmimetype

Cheers
-Philip