saa7134 driver problems

Ben b_plony at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 13:04:11 UTC 2005

Hello

I have some problems with saa7134 driver.
I use libXv to display video. When some
other window is moved fast over window
displaying video, after some short time
video freezes. Restarting video doesn't
help ( I get either the last frozen frame
or some garbage ), reloading driver also
doesn't solve the problem, only reboot helps.
This problem happens with two different
cards (Pinnacle PCTV Stereo (saa7134 chip)
and Matrox's Chronosplus (saa7130 chip) )
on two different computers, both with kernel
2.4.26 patched with  patch-2.4.26-kraxel.gz
on RedHat9 and with 2.6.9 kernel under
Fedora Core3. It happens both in my application
and in xawtv. Provided so many combinations of
hardware/kernel/software I suspect that there is
some problem with the driver (by the way it doesn't
happen with Bt878 based cards in the same
configurations )

best regards