yum.conf

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jul 14 14:53:59 UTC 2005

Timothy Payne wrote:

> I upgraded from FC3 > FC4 but my yum.conf is still for FC3, is there one
> for FC4?  Or should I wait for fedorafaq.org to make one?

Do you mean /etc/yum.conf ?
I don't think mine changed from FC3 to FC4.
Even the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ didn't need to be changed,
as they had $releasever rather than 3 or 4, eg
baseurl=http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

The only thing that actually changed, as far as I can see,
is /etc/fedora-release , which now reads
"Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)".

Stentz? Who or what is a Stentz?

--
Timothy Murphy