WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 15:28:55 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 10:44, Les Mikesell wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 06:09, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Due to the above DSA key error it apparently didn't install/update
>> all 279 of the updates it had counted.
>>
>> Anyway, I fired off another run of 'yum -y update' thinking maybe
>> that would self heal as mirrors got updated.
>
>Usually I just do: "yum update" and if the list it shows includes
> yum or rpm I cancel and just get those first, then repeat for the
> rest of the packages.

Chuckle, seems like the ideal way to do it, but when the package list
is longer than the shells scrollback??????

Also if yum destroys itself, at least the rest of the system is
spared. :(  Don't laugh Mike, its done that here 6 times on 2
different machines and installs now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)