FC4 Anaconda graphics mode

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Thu Jul 14 17:42:42 UTC 2005

Hello list,

Last year I decided not to install FC3 on my laptop because the adoption
of x.org (replacing xFree86) had left my video chipset behind.

Since then, I've noted that the "we don't support that" list in the
knowledgebase at x.org's wiki no longer includes my chipset (S3
Prosavage KN133).  Hopefully that means some kind soul brought forward
the necessary driver(s) ...into 6.7.0, it seems.

I've got a set of FC4 CD's and ran Anaconda in graphics mode, hoping
that I would finally be able to upgrade from RH9.  Alas, no cigar-- at
least, the drivers included with Anaconda can't run my video.  But that
might simply be Anaconda-- it doesn't necessarily mean I won't be able
to get X running once I've installed FC4.  Or does it?

thanks!
--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,