WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:48:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 10:04, Gene Heskett wrote:

> And, what happened to the boot option 'linux single' which used to
> mount everything in r/w & drop you to a shell?

It still works. When you used lilo to boot, you could type that
at the boot prompt.  With grub you just have to edit the kernel
line before booting and add the 'single' option.

> Seriously folks, stuff like this should never be allowed out the door,
> and we need an FC4-1 release that fixes whatever the hell is screwing
> this up.

The Fedora project has never bothered to rebuild the isos for a
released version.  Usually the k12ltp project will release a
version that adds some new things and include the FC updates up
to that point.  Installing from their isos can save a lot of
time adding updates even if you don't include their added packages.
They appear to be a few days from a release based on FC4.
Their web pages tend to be out of date but you can find the
releases here:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/
when the files under 4.4.0/isos stop having -pre in the names it
will be the released version.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com