RPM broken in FC4

kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
Thu Jul 14 20:59:04 UTC 2005

All;

I'm going back to FC3 for now. FC4 is just too instable for my current needs.
However I thought it may be helpful to post my latest issue with the RPM
database (see below). Yum and RPM were working fine. Not sure what broke it
last thing I remember doing is a yum install xine

Hope this helps someone... I'll probably move to FC4 later this year. keep up
the good work.

root at Issac # yum update
rpmdb: unable to initialize mutex: Function not implemented
rpmdb: /var/lib/rpm/__db.001: unable to initialize environment lock: Function
not implemented
error: db4 error(38) from dbenv->open: Function not implemented
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Function not implemented (38)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 15, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 51, in main
    base.getOptionsConfig(args)
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 139, in getOptionsConfig
    self.doConfigSetup(fn = conffile, root = root)
  File "__init__.py", line 77, in doConfigSetup
  File "config.py", line 258, in __init__
  File "config.py", line 365, in _getsysver
TypeError: rpmdb open failed