[Fwd: Re: FC4: Firewall blocks FTP-Traffic even on opened ports]

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Jul 15 08:25:41 UTC 2005

------------------------ Ursprüngliche Nachricht -------------------------
Betreff: Re: FC4: Firewall blocks FTP-Traffic even on opened ports Von:
 "Roger Grosswiler" <roger at gwch.net>
Datum:   Fr, 15.07.2005, 10:15
An:      "Justin Zygmont" <jzygmont at solarflow.net>

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i use lftp/vsftpd for backing up my servers. When i installed my scripts,
>> i remarked, that no files are transferred via ftp.
>>
>> I openend Ports 21 and 20, but still no hope. Deactivating iptables
does it, but i think this is comprehensable not my wish ;-)

>> I can connect to my ftp-server, login works, but even doing then ls
does bring any result neither in active nor in passive mode.

>> Does somebody else have this too? Or, does somebody have a idea for this?
>> Ah yes, i use lokkit for the config.
>
> I think it might be because the firewall is blocking the higher ports
that FTP would need to use, do you have ip_conntrack_ftp loaded?

Great, you are right. modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp has not been loaded,
modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp did the trick.

Has this not been loaded by default once?

Roger

Sorry, has been sent to private adress. Here for the community also.

Roger