[Fwd: Re: FC4: Firewall blocks FTP-Traffic even on opened ports]

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Jul 15 11:45:59 UTC 2005

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

>Great, you are right. modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp has not been loaded,
>modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp did the trick.
>
>Has this not been loaded by default once?
>
>Roger

To make this permanent beyond a reboot include it in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config, e.g.
IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp ip_nat_ftp"

In this example ip_nat_ftp is also included because my system is a
gateway supporting nat'd workstations connecting to Internet servers
using both active and passive mode ftp.

Chris
   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021