RAID-1 boot partition and FC2->FC4 upgrade

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Fri Jul 15 12:21:54 UTC 2005

Paul,
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll give the upgrade a try
with the "Skip boot loader updating" and see if that works.
I suppose the worse case situation would be that I need to
resort to the linux rescue cd mode and manually install the
boot loader myself. I am very surprised that no one has seems
to have run into this before. Surely I'm not alone in using
a RAID-1 boot partition. So far I can't find any messages
about this exact issue in the mailing list.
              Jack
ps I wonder what "Create a new boot loader" would do. I considered
trying that but if anaconda is too stupid not to find the boot loader
to upgrade I have serious doubts that it is smart enough to find
where to properly install it when /boot is RAID-1. Also there
is no documentation in the Installation guide on how the "Create
a new boot loader" picks a location. That is does it ask for a
location or blindly installed the boot loader on what it considers
to be the boot disk. Also might screw up any of the md partitions?