A little wireless/ndiswrapper help

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Jul 15 14:54:38 UTC 2005

I have ndiswrapper installed and configured and everything seems to be
working correctly. I can run the following commands without a problem
and I can scan the wireless networks.

/sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key restricted my_key
/sbin/iwconfig wlan0 essid my_essid
/sbin/dhclient wlan0

I can bring down and bring up the wireless adapter using:
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 [down][up]

The problem is I can't get an ip address and the router does not show
the client connected.
I was using MAC filtering, but I have disabled that to rule it out.
DHCP runs on a separate linux box, not on my wireless router.
I have a windows machine that connects ok and gets an IP address.

My router is a DLink DI624.
I'm running FC4 on a HP Compaq nx9110.
The wireless card is:
02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g
Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James