(no subject)

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 15 15:33:47 UTC 2005

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> How does one open a root terminal in Gnome ? There is no entry in the
> menus.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Parameshwara Bhat

Umm, do you mean open an xterm with root access? I wouldn't do
that. I'd use su.

Do you mean open a window which uses the full screen? You can
click on the middle of the three widgets on the upper right
hand corner of the window for that.

If you want a full-screen terminal, not a window, then you can
use CTRL-ALT-F1 through CTRL-ALT-F6 to get at those. CTRL-ALT-F7
will put you back into GNOME.

Mike