(no subject)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:58:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 11:46, Paul Howarth wrote:

> >> I wouldn't get too attached to this method of opening a terminal if I
> >> was you:
> >>
> >> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-July/msg00302.html
> >>
> >> Paul.
> >>
> > Ok, how do *I* register my hopes that this won't go away?
>
> If you're a "power user", you'll be able to get it back by adding some
> sort of extension (I think someone's packaging it for Extras). Otherwise
> you'll need to get on the gnome mailing lists and complain about it
> there, but I suspect that the developers will not agree with you.

The replacement: being able to open a terminal in the visited directory
makes much more sense.  I've never quite understood the concept of a
GUI interface that lets you view files without really knowing where
they are but won't let you issue commands referencing them after you
can see them.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com