Why use "su -" rather than "su"

Igor Guarisma iguarism at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 19:43:41 UTC 2005

You can set the eviroment variables you need for the
root user or some symlinks or you can configure "sudo"
so you can do things like root without "su"ing or "su
-"ing.

sudo it's pretty cool some times, some times you will
need to "su", some to "su -" and some sudo will me
enough ;)

 --- Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net>