Dual boot problem -

Benjamin Duehring fedora at lyxx.de
Fri Jul 15 21:20:09 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 22:01, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I've installed, reinstalled, repartitioned and reinstalled again but no
> matter what this computer boots only to Widows 2000 and never displays
> Grub for FC-4.  Windows is on /dev/hda [40gig] and FC-4 on /dev/hdb
> [10gig].  The user doesn't really need/want Linux but it will be a
> convenience for me if I can make it work.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob G

Maybe grub has been installed on the master boot record of the second hard disk (hdb). But in the bios the first disk (hda) is selected to boot from.
If that's the case, modify your bios and change to boot order (your second hdd at first) or install grub on hda.

Benjamin Duehring, FORWISS|
Universitaet Passau       | Priv. e-mail : duehring at forwiss.uni-passau.de
D-94030 Passau            | WWW          : http://www.lyxx.de/card