FC4 not using the KDE Login Manager

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 21:26:19 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Arthur Pemberton <dalive at flashmail.com> wrote:
> kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
>
> >All;
> >
> >I cannot get FC4 to use the KDE Login manager. Ive setup a background, icon,
> >etc in the kde congtrol panel under the login manager settings. However when
> >I restart X (or reboot) I get a blue screen similar to the gdm login screen
> >with two text entry boxes (one for username and one for passwd)
> >
> >I've setup the repo for kde-redhat and my /etc/sysconfig/desktop file looks
> >like this:
> >DESKTOP="KDE"
> >DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
> >

> >Any ideas how to get the real kde login manager working?
> >

> This question was answered less than an hour and a half ago.

Please do not start a new subject when a suggested fix does not work.
Reply to the thread so that there is continunity. This makes it easier
for members to monitor the postings.

The solution posted appears to have an error in the second line.  From
time to time kde-rehat upgrades modify my /etc/sysconfig/desktop as
follows:

DESKTOP="GNOME"
DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

Notice that on the second line KDE is not in quotes.  Edit your
/etc/sysconfig/desktop file so that the second line looks like mine
and see if this fixes your problem.