Core 4 Anaconda Problems

Rob Wright fedorarob at poncacity.net
Fri Jul 15 22:45:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:30:52 -0400
  <fedorarob at poncacity.net> wrote:
> This happened to me with core 3, and now with core 4.
>I'm installing along, fresh install completely. As soon
>as all the packages are transferred from the CD, anaconda
>bails out with a list of gui.py errors and tells me to
>reboot. Is anaconda damaged, or am I just gonna have to
>stick with FC2? I realize the Fedora Core is a test
>distro, but I can't test it if I can't even install it.
>I've burned a fresh set of discs, twice, isos downloaded
>from two different mirrors. My hardware is ok. If I
>install FC2 I get the exact same problem with updating
>from the discs. I can use yum to update to Core 4, but
>that is such a pain in the ass.

Just a little more information as I'm still working on
this problem. I'm going through the suggestions that have
been offered so far, but no luck.

Going through a graphical install, the packages aren't
actually "installed" it seems. The last line of the error
that I'm getting is:

RuntimError:/usr/sbin/kudzu cannot be run

I booted into rescue off the cd and I was able to run
kudzu-probe from there. I decided I'd try to install once
more, using the noprobe and text options. It's copying
files now, but there's a continously scrolling message on
the screen:

rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

Which also happens in the background in a graphic install,
but I don't see it until the aborted install forces the
reboot and X closes.