FC2 in normal mode booting - shuts down in 10 seconds

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 03:26:29 UTC 2005

I installed FC2 on a P4 machine, having an intel 865GBF motherboard.
Installation went okay, printing and everythign else is working fine,
when shutting down the macine and restarting, since day one, when
linux booting comes to the "Press I for interactive startup" just
after that, the monitor seems to switch to soem other mode, but the
machine shuts down and nothing seems to happen. Actually the power
supply is still on.

If the "I key" for interactive startup is pressed and even if I press
"C for continue" everything goes fine and the machine boots normally
without any problems. But if I do not press I, then it shuts down.
What is the problem? I tried changing the CMOS battery, played with
the CMOS settings but any such problem was not there when previous to
linux there was Win 2K on the hard disk. What could be the possible
problems?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.