problem with php ,apache and mysql build from sources

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 09:12:37 UTC 2005

Hey Friends,

 I downloaded the tar.gz of php,Apache2 and mysql from their sites.I
compiled and build them .I am using FC3.

But now I am facing problem,I have an application which requires
mod_apache_mysql and php_mysql modules to be installed on the FC3.

The php version is                php-4.4.0.tar.gz
       Apache version is          httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz
       Mysql version is
mysql-standard-4.1.12-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz

I build mysql under /usr/local/mysql

Apache under /usr/local/apache2 with few of the modules disable like
--disable-charset-lite ,--disable-include --disable-setenvif
--disable-env etc.

list of modules from /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
core.c
mod_access.c
mod_auth.c
mod_log_config.c
prefork.c
http_core.c
mod_mime.c
mod_dir.c

I build php with these options
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/axps --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

I added these lines in  httpd.conf

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php

 LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

After that I restarted the apache.

Then try to access my application but the application did not run and
I checked the logs .
In logs there are lines like these:

[Sat Jul 16 13:44:44 2005] [notice] child pid 20882 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

There are few testing application which don't require php and mysql
they  work fine.

If I run this application on any other FC3 machine which is having
default apache,php and mysql (rpms which comes with FC3) it works fine
but I have to install mod_apache_mysql and php_mysql on FC3  otherwise
the application does not works.

How can i resolve this issue when I build the php,mysql and apache from sources.

Please let me know if any other inputs are needed.

Thanks & Regards'

Ankush Grover