fedora-list Digest (really)

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 16 10:57:30 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:

<snip>

>>> You can already do this. Change your list preferences to use MIME
>>> format digests.
>>

>> That gets the messages as attachments, but it doesn't thread them.
>>
>> Threading does sound like a pretty cool feature.
>

> Indeed. But can't you get all that by subscribing in non-digest mode,
> and using a mail client like thunderbird, use a mail filter to put each
> list in its own folder and view the messages in threaded mode?
>
> So you get the benefits of threading, you don't clutter up your inbox,
> the ease of replying, and you don't have to wait for the digest to come
> in either. Seems like the best of all options to me.

For the most part yes, but I mix POP and IMAP, and can do without an
email every minute (even if it's not headed to the inbox it's
distracting).  Anyway, I'm happy to discover the mime format digests at
least are available.  What's concerning me now is the Thunderbird bug
that doesn't allow replying to attached messages (Mozilla, not Fedora,
problem).  However I can at least now hit reply to digest and get the
entire thing quoted for me (rather than stopping at the first sig
delimiter).

--
imalone