Yum dependancy problem for multimedia-extras

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:41:22 UTC 2005

On 7/16/05, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:

> > > As a user of the kde-redhat project, you don't need the
> > > kdemultimedia-extras package, so don't try to install it.
>

> > I want to install Juk, and acording to the website, it is not
> > available as a stand-alone package. How else can I install it?
>
> kde-redhat's KDE packages include Juk. kdemultimedia-extras from Livna
> doesn't, and probably never will (unless somebody wants to volunteer on
> maintaining it painstakingly). Adding Juk in there would create a
> potential conflict with Core, because the kdemultimedia spec file contains
> conditional code which can build and include Juk. Only a build requirement
> (taglib-devel from Fedora Extras) is missing in Core, IIRC. As such, Juk
> ought to be built either in Core (with taglib moved there) or in Extras.
>
> I think we have enough KDE media players already. Amarok, Kaffeine,
> Noatun, Kaboodle. An update for kdemultimedia-extras in the queue will add
> more video support.
>
> --
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
> Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1432_FC5
> loadavg: 1.25 1.24 1.45

We certainly don't need ANOTHER media player, but we need a good media
player! I have a large mp3 collection, and I am dependant upon a media
library. Amarok's media library with not dispay hebrew, so I am stuck
(in the meantime) with the harddisk with the music (20 gig) on my
wife's windows box and playing music in Windows Media Player 10. Need
I stress how bad I want it on my box?!? If I can't build Juk, then can
someone reccomend to me a media player with a good library function?
Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://x-christmas.com
Christmas