Drive read/write slow

ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Sat Jul 16 16:04:50 UTC 2005

Dave Gutteridge wrote:
> Ryan,
>    Thank you for responding.
>
>    I do not have k3b it seems. Should that be standard in Fedora?
>
>> What application are you using to get data off of the CD? Nautilus?
>

> I would assume it's Nautilus. Nautilus is the "Explorer" of Gnome, isn't
> it? Are there settings particular to Nautilus that I can adjust?
>
> Dave

Yes, Nautilus is standard for Fedora/gnome.

Try this...
1. Open a command prompt.
2. Type "su -"
3. put in root password
4. Type "yum install k3b"
5. answer "y" or "yes" if prompted to install k3b

After those 5 steps,
6. From the command prompt type "k3b"
7. Burn a CD

Do not use " " when entering commands. k3b is very similar to nero, so
you won't have any problems navigating. Let me know if ou can burn a CD
at normal speeds.