FC4 boot.log no longer being written to

Ben Roberts ben at headsnet.com
Sun Jul 17 00:19:00 UTC 2005

/var/log/dmesg provides different information to what is
contained in the usual boot.log file under FC2 or FC3 though ???

I am concerned because boot.log is a valuable source of
information, and since upgrading to FC4 it hasn't been updated,
despite a fair few reboots while configuring the system etc.... I
was wondering if I've removed some rpm package that was needed to
facilitate the writing of boot.log whilst purging my system of
unneeded packages ??