autoload of kernel modules: how?

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sun Jul 17 02:20:30 UTC 2005

Hello fellow listers,

I'm wondering what I need to do/where I need to look to make Fedora Core
3 (and 4) automatically load arbitrary modules?

I have a rocketport card, and even though I've added

alias char-major-46 rocket to /etc/modprobe.conf the only thing that
works is to manually modprobe the module in rc.local

Also I am having the same issue with the qla2xxx_conf module; it doesn't
seem to automatically load. I think that might be solvable with some
modprobe.conf magic, by making it depend on the qla2200 module.

Anyway- anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

thanks

-Mike