WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Jul 17 06:43:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Neil Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:19:33PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> A bug is a bug, and should be corrected, not excused.
>>
>> I think Fedora-4 is pretty good,
>> but too many bugs got past those who should have been looking for them.
>> Linus Torvalds has a far more difficult job with the kernel,
>> and very little seems to get past him and his team.
>
> What you and the other whiners on this thread have fogotten is that you lot
> are part of "those who should have been looking for them".  This project relies
> on community support and testing, and if you don't help with the testing on
> your particular setup, which is probably different from many other people's,
> you're going to end up with things not working for you.

right. thats why things that work fine on all otehr versions in pre
releases of FC4 sudenly  break with an official relase, and not forget the
isntaller debacle.

>> If your need is for the kind of distribution where you can just be a consumer,
> may I suggest that you have a look over there in the corner at RHEL, where you
> can pay (in money) for the privilege.  Make no mistake, whatever you do, you will

no, you can use the other OS of choice in many  ISPdata centers and the
like, slackware :)  I opted to keep RH9 as the last RH OS, all since then
are slackware, oh sure i have  FC1 and FC2 on couple desktops because  FC
is beter suited to desktop then slackware, but for servers or stability,
you wont beat RH9 and slackware....but in keeping with RH related in the
free world, shame ppl have to 'downgrade' for reliability and stability.
I have lost failth  in RH being a true versatile OS, its only good for GUI
weenies, ahhh reminds me of that other OS from redmond, in fact ive seen
stabler XP boxes then FC4 boxes lol.

Res