mdadm RAID0 -> RAID1

Don Woodward fedora at w-ent.com
Sun Jul 17 12:15:05 UTC 2005

I just reinstalled my system going from FC2 to FC4 and when I setup the
RAID in Kudzu I created a RAID0 with my two disks...

# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid0]
md0 : active raid0 hdb1[1] hda3[0]
      237753600 blocks 256k chunks

unused devices: <none>

# df -h
/dev/md0              220G  9.6G  199G   5% /
/dev/hda1             289M   20M  255M   8% /boot

What I meant to do was create a RAID1 set - what's the best way to get
there without starting over?  I can add a disk big enough to mirror md0
- is it possible to have /dev/md0 and say /dev/hdcX as the other member
of a RAID1 set? Any good tutorials on doing this?

TIA

Don