FC4 boot.log no longer being written to

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 12:21:06 UTC 2005

Ben Roberts wrote:

>  The last messages in my boot.log are
>
>  sshd: sshd -TERM succeeded sshd: succeeded xinetd: xinetd -HUP
>  succeeded
>
>  I saw somewhere on google groups that someone mentioned that boot
>  logs are now written to anaconda.log but surely that can't be the
>  case !!

My anaconda log was last updated June 14th, so this must not be the case.

>  My FC4 system is an upgrade from FC3 - it's also a remote system so I
>  really would like the boot log working !!

I'll check for bugs related to the boot.log not working in Bugzilla.
There might be some reason given as to if it was killed intentionally or
the messages are now logged somewhere else. There was a reference to
dmesg and to /var/log/messages commented as to where to check earlier in
the discussion.

Jim

--
Journalism is literature in a hurry.