WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Jul 17 22:20:51 UTC 2005

Tony Nelson wrote:

>>> Are there actually any config files under /home
>>> which are affected by installing or upgrading?
>>> Which user do they belong to?
>
> Sure.  They belong to each user.  Look for hidden files and directories.
> Lots of config and settings files in ~.  Feel free to experiment.

I guess my remark was a bit silly.
But in fact I've never had any problem using dot files in my /home directory
from previous installations.

I just looked at these files,
and the only rpmnew version seems to be of bash_logout,
which is strange since I certainly never changed that.

I definitely don't want to spend hours
combing through .bash_profile and .bash_rc, etc,
every time I upgrade.

To me this would be a bit like going through my wallet
every time I change my jacket.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366