Can't find eth0 - Why???

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Sun Jul 17 23:01:32 UTC 2005

Hi

Did you recompile your kernel, or maybe installed a new one?  Sometimes this
happens without your knowledge as well (yum, up2date,...)

If so, try booting a previous kernel version and see if your card gets
detected.

The very same thing happened to me occasionaly when I compile a kernel and
forget to include support for that particular network card.

On the other hand, you might want to check if kudzu runs at boottime.  Many
people lose patience and disable this.  As root, do

/sbin/chkconfig kudzu --level 345 on

then reboot and see what kudzu has to say.

There is no performance penalty since kudzu runs and quits, it does not remain
in memory.

With kind regards

Andy

--