A little wireless/ndiswrapper help

lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 14:20:19 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 23:24, Albert Hawker wrote:
> > On some D-Link routers there is a "Burst" or "pipeline" or
> "something
> > like that" setting in the config.  Try turning that off and
> configure
> > the radio for optimum distance instead of speed (default setting
> > think) and see if it lets you connect.
> >

> I did not find what you were referring to. I tried disabling
> Super-G and
> that did not make a difference either.
>
> How can I just set an address instead of using DHCP? I tried
> modifying
> the Addess line in the conf but that does not seem to matter.
>
> Thanks,
> James

Here is as simple as it gets. It's a list of commands that I use with
Ndiswrapper:
*****************************

Commands

make install

ndiswrapper -i filename.inf

(Installing my wifi drivers with each new kernel. Make sure you are
in the directory where the drivers are located as root and you use
the entire path to them.)
ndiswrapper -i /root/usr11gv40q/usr11g.inf

ndiswrapper -l

modprobe ndiswrapper

iwconfig

iwlist wlan0 scan

(If you have a landline adapter, this will become eth1.)
iwlist eth1 scan

iwconfig wlan0 essid "TA"

(Configuring my service at each loaction. In my case, it is usually
TA or flyingj. I'm a truckdriver. If I go from a TA to another TA, I
do not have to re-confiure it.)
iwconfig eth1 essid "TA"

(Editing my eth1 file.)
gedit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

dhclient wlan0 (Or eth1)

rpm -qa | grep kernal

ndiswrapper -e

(With each new kernel)
make uninstal

(With each new kernel)
make distclean

(With each new kernel)
make

(With each new kernel)
make install

(List the installed drivers.)
ndiswrapper -l

(Uninstalling my drivers with each new kernel.)
ndiswrapper -e usr11g

Everything you need for Ndiswrapper is right there.

Lloyd Hayes

Lloyd Hayes

Web Journal:  http://lloyd_hayes.bravejournal.com/
Web Site:     http://talkingstaff.bravehost.com