DShield

Chris Wright linux-list at cwic-solutions.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 16:36:50 UTC 2005

<for snipping>
As a very new user of FCx, I started with FC4 as my first foray into a non MS O/S.
I've worked with various flavours over the years but all of my personal systems at home were MS based.

I created a DVD ISO Image, moved a few partitions around on my system and let the install fly.
It was totally painless.  Being an engineer, I obviously didn't read the instructions too deeply, just following the online graphical UI instructions.
The target system isn't even a relatively new one (about 4 years old).  I couldn't even tell you what hardware there was in the box before I installed. (I can now though, because FC never tripped at any stage).

It looks like there is a little bit of work to do with various niggly bugs, but if a total newbie can come along and get a system up and running in 45mins, that shows there has been some great work done.
Even the 77 updates by YUM flew down over my 1meg connection, and it installed the 153 updated modules with no problems.

Just wanted to say thanks for a Herculean effort put in to FC4.

Now standby for the barrage of dumb questions as I gradually screw things up.
</for snipping>

The first of these questions though is to ask if anyone has installed a Dshield Client?
I've had a look round and found a few possibilities, but nothing jumped out at me as the right one to use?
Wondered if anyone else used Dshield... (www.dshield.org)

Regards

Chris

--