BitTorrent configuration.

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 18 17:05:40 UTC 2005

Robert Cahn wrote:
> I downloaded the BitTorrent RPM (BitTorrent-4.1.3-1.noarch.rpm ) and
> installed it using rpm.  When I tried to download a .torrent file from
> Firefox (thinking it would kick off the BitTorrent transfer) I just
> seem to ftp the .torrent file and nothing more.  What am I missing?
> Do I have to declare a mime type somewhere?

The official BitTorrent RPM is missing a bunch of stuff that's in the
Fedora Extras package, so I'd suggest installing that one, if it wasn't
for the fact that the Fedora Extras buildsystem is currently undergoing
a major overhaul and thus builds and releases aren't happening right now.

You can get a version of a package like what will be in extras soon
from: http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

Install the bittorrent-gui package as well as the bittorrent package.

Paul.