livna-testing, and nvidia for kernel 2.6.12

B Wooster bwooster47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:13:59 UTC 2005

In case anyone here knows (not sure if it is the right place), but all of
the times in the past when I've updated the kernel (yum update), I could
always go ahead and install the appropriate nvidia RPM from livna-testing
(if not livna-stable).

A few days ago, I updated to kernel 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3

But there hasn't been a corresponding nvidia RPM yet - the latest one is:
kernel-module-nvidia-2.6.11-1.35_FC3.i68 1.0.7174-0.lvn.4.3 livna-testing

I know I can download the driver from NVidia, file
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7667-pkg1.run and just run it to install the correct
driver, but am curious why in this instance livna-testing does not have the
latest driver, if it is just matter or time, or if FC3 is now too old, so
won't be getting updates that fast, etc.