[Fedora] Re: Odd "sensors" output

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jul 18 18:04:45 UTC 2005

Philip Prindeville wrote:

> Did you compare the output of "lspci -v -n" and the /etc/modprobe.conf
> files?

    Yep and the difference there is that some of the listed items are
revision 2 on one and revision 1 on the other.  The motherboard with the
complete output is the revision 1.  Both boards are of the 2000-2001
era.  BIOS versions are both identical, but release dates are different:

[board w/ full 'sensors' report]         [board w/ missing 'sensors' parts]
DMI type 0, 20 bytes.                    DMI type 0, 20 bytes.
BIOS Information                         BIOS Information
 Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.         Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
 Version: 0700xx                          Version: 0700xx
 Release Date: 11/21/00                   Release Date: 11/20/01
 Address: 0xF0000                         Address: 0xF0000
 Runtime Size: 64 kB                      Runtime Size: 64 kB
 ROM Size: 512 kB                         ROM Size: 512 kB
 Characteristics:                         Characteristics:
  BIOS characteristics not supported       BIOS characteristics not
supported
  ACPI is supported                        ACPI is supported
  USB legacy is supported                  USB legacy is supported
  AGP is supported                         AGP is supported
  I2O boot is supported                    I2O boot is supported
  LS-120 boot is supported                 LS-120 boot is supported
  ATAPI Zip drive boot is supported        ATAPI Zip drive boot is supported
  BIOS boot specification is supported     BIOS boot specification is
supported

> Are your BIOS settings the same, also?

    That's the only thing I haven't checked yet since it involves taking
two production machines down, one of them being our mail spool server.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.