[Fedora] Re: Did I make a mistake in starting with Fedora Core 4?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Jul 18 18:32:46 UTC 2005

>    This is probably a dumb question, but have you tried booting with
> ide=nodma ?

It's not a dumb question at all, at least not to me. I do not know how
to "boot with ide=nodma". How do I set that so that the boot process
will execute with that configuration?

Perhaps I don't understand the implications of that command, but that
does seem to run counter to what I've been hearing so far. I had gained
the impression that DMA is something I want to have running for optimal
performance, and that my current DMA configuration is somehow flawed. Am
I wrong in my understanding that DMA is always desireable?

Dave