DShield

Chris Wright linux-list at cwic-solutions.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 18:19:08 UTC 2005

I did download the iptables tar but had troubles getting it to work (so I
thought I would ask on here as well as the DShield List). I didn't know if
it required a special build for FC4.  (I'm still reading the section on
compiling source rather than installing new packages).

I have my router transfer its syslogs to one of the boxes inside my network.
These log files are sent to Dshield for analysis only.  It doesn't provide
any protection what so ever, Dshield use a %age sample of submitted data to
see what is happening on the net. (SANS (http://www.sans.org/)  is also
involved somewhere along the line).

Regards

Chris