FC4-Where is the last Firefox?

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 22:28:20 UTC 2005

--- taharka <res00vl8 at alltel.net> wrote:

> Jeremy Tan wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 18:45 -0700, Hoffmann wrote:
> >

> >>Hi All:
> >>
> >>I realized that the last version of Firefox
> (version
> >>1.0.5) was relized. Hoever, I see no Firefox
> updating
> >>in yum. Does anyone now if such a update is going
> >>be available in yum soon?
> >>

> >I believe that they are waiting for 1.0.6 to be
> released because there
> >were some API changes in 1.0.5 that broke a lot of
> extensions. 1.0.6 is
> >also due soon.
> >

> In the meantime, you can always get the latest
> nightly 1.0.6 build, from
> ftp.mozilla.org, build/install the rpm yourself. I'm
> running today's
> build with no problems on FC3 & all my extensions
> are working :-)
>
> >>The reason of my question is that I wouldn't like
> >>install the new Firefox with comand line and,
> >>probability have no Firefox icon on my screen.
> >>Thanks!
> >>Hoffmann
> >>ps: A new Thunderbird version is also available,
> and I
> >>didn't see it in yum.
> >>

> taharka
>
> Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.
>
> --

Hi Taharka,

Of course that is a possibility. My question is: After
installing the new Firefox you still have its icon
working? I remember when I had the Suse linux, and I
needed to install a new Firefox. When I did that, I
have no working Firefox icon, and I needed to use
command line. Ok that is easy, but it is boring to
need to open a shell just to open a browser.
Thanks!
Hoffmann