booting stops at grub shell

V Krish krish_uses_linux at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 02:36:14 UTC 2005

Thanks for your reply. My filesystems are ext3.
I did the 'find' and then the 'configfile'. Now, I get
"Error 17: Cannot mount select partition".

I wonder if this has something to do with my 300GB
drive which I put in as the master drive. Earlier I
had a 80GB drive.

The contents of the grub.conf are as follows:
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.6.5-1.358smp)
	root (hd1,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358smp ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358smp.img
title Fedora Core-up (2.6.5-1.358)
	root (hd1,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
quiet
	initrd /initrd-2.6.5-1.358.img

The filesystems are as follows:
/dev/hdb2  /